Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SCBWI Conference

Just returned back from my trip from LA at the 40th annual SCBWI Conference with Ciaee, Lois , and Isabella. Overall, it was an amazing experience in which I met many writers, artists, and art directors. However the biggest highlight of my trip was hearing speeches from Judy Bloom, Gary Paulsen, and Norman Chester



Judy Bloom ^

Hearing these legends speak was like a wake up call on why I fell in love with this business in the first place. I am always reminded of their legacies and the influence they have brought on my career as an artist. As a kid, I would spend hours reading the tales of Milo and laughing at the ludicrous dialogue of Peter & Fudge . Now my only goal is to work even harder so I can be a part of this echelon of wonderful artists.

I can't wait till next year....

No comments: